Third Meeting on Donor Coordination in the Western Balkans, 16 March 2017
The Third Meeting on Donor Coordination in the Western Balkans addressed needs and priorities in the region, providing an overview of the ongoing trends, needs and achievements in areas of sustainable economic development, public administration reform, rule of law and freedom of expression, as well as current security challenges.
Representatives of the Western Balkan governments, the donors and the implementing partners discussed previous experiences, ongoing activities, the needs and priorities for the period 2017-2019 in order to coordinate donor assistance and avoid overlapping of interventions.
The meeting gathered major donors operating in the Western Balkans as well as representatives of Western Balkan governments, international organisations and civil society sector.
Within donor coordination activities, RCC recently launched South East Europe Donor Assistance Database (SEEDAD), development tool for both for donors and aid recipients.
The views expressed in the presentations below belong solely to the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Regional Cooperation Council and its Secretariat. The RCC Secretariat is not responsible for the content of the presentations.
- EIB Economic Resilience Initiative by Mr. Matteo RIVELLINI, Head of Division Landing Operations in Slovenia, Croatia and Western Balkans, European Investment Bank
- Challenges in business environment in South East Europe by Ms. Lada BUŠEVAC, Senior Country Officer, IFC, World Bank Group
- Regional Connectivity agenda: state of play and way forward by Mr. Nicholas CENDROWICZ, Deputy Head of Unit, DG NEAR, European Commission
- Improved competence and efficiency of judiciaries as result of regional activities by Mr. Gazmend TURDIU, Head of Programme Department, Deputy Secretary General, Regional Cooperation Council
- Donor support for regional anti-corruption efforts by Ms. Monika TORTSCHANOFF, Programme Manager Western Balkans/Danube Region, Austrian Development Agency