South East Europe’s Photo and Video Contest
LOOKING FOR THE SUMMER
Running: 1 March – 30 April 2019
The summer 2019 is around the corner and the Regional Cooperation Council invites young people from around the South East Europe to join the promotion of the region as the most desirable tourism destination by entering its Facebook and Instagram based South East Europe’s Photo and Video Contest – LOOKING FOR THE SUMMER.
The contest, running in tandem with the RCC’s EU funded Tourism Development and Promotion Project, enables youth to show the world their favourite places and to invite their peers to visit, experience the culture, and join the adventure in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo*, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia or Turkey.
To reward the CONTEST PARTICIPATS for their effort and creativity the RCC will:
- Publish contest entries on its Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Follow how well the posts are doing on its social media channels
- AWARD the three best contestants with:
- TRIP to BUCHAREST, Romania,
- presentation of their work at the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the EU Youth Conference on 28 May 2019, and
- SLR CAMERA, as a cherry on the TOP.
How it works?
To enter the contest one must:
- Be 18 to 25 years old
- Be from SOUTH EAST EUROPE: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo*, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia or Turkey
- REGISTER for the competition at firstname.lastname@example.org by sending an e-mail with #looking4summer in the subject line and provide her/his name, her/his Facebook and/or Instagram profile names, age and place of residence, and the link to the competing post
- Post PHOTOS/VIDEOS (maximum 2 per person, video max. 60 sec. long), INDICATING location or activity in the short description explaining why it is so special
- Use the hashtag #looking4summer & put #looking4summer ON the photo/video you submit for the contest! ATTENTION: Save your original photo/video as well (minimum photo resolution 640 x 480 pixels; video resolution 1024x768 pixels)
- Post must be made BEFORE the midnight (CET) on 30 April 2019 and include the HASHTAG #looking4summer and TAG the @regionalcooperationcouncil_rcc (for Instagram) and @RegionalCooperationCouncil (for Facebook)
- Use HER/HIS OWN old or new PHOTOS/VIDEOS (original works) of location/s and activity/ies in the SOUTH EAST EUROPE
- Have a valid passport and be ready to travel to BUCHAREST on 28 May 2019 and participate in and be presented at the Youth Conference
- Make her/his account(s) PUBLIC so that the RCC can see and repost/share post(s) on its Facebook and Instagram accounts and open them up for VOTING
The Selection of the winners will be straight forward. Once the contestants post their photo(s) and/or video(s) the RCC will repost/share those on its Facebook or Instagram accounts and open them for voting.
Please note that if the same entry is posted on both Facebook and Instagram, the results would not be added up but the entry that collected more likes on either one would be considered for the final count.
RCC reserves discretion right to select the posts that will be reposted/shared on its Instagram and/or Facebook profiles i.e. not all posts have to be reposted/shared.
The two posts (by two different authors – as one author cannot receive two prices) that receive the most likes will be the automatic winners. The RCC reserve the right to choose its own top pick and that will be the third winner.
But have in mind that only likes on RCC Instagram and Facebook profiles count!
For this reason the RCC invites all the contestants to invite their Facebook and Instagram communities to like their post on the RCC’s accounts and help them spread their story wide and far.
To get started contest participant need to register for the completion via e-mail, let their creativity take over, and post their best photos and videos.
REGISTER for the competition at email@example.com by sending an e-mail with #looking4summer in the subject line and provide your name, your Facebook and/or Instagram profile name, age and place of residence, and the link to the competing post.
Don’t forget to follow us
NOTICE: The RCC reserve the right not to promote contest entries featuring inappropriate or offensive content.
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.