The RCC supports development of inclusive and dynamic labour markets that meet the demands ofgrowing competitive businesses and provide better living conditions for individuals and their families
- Effective labour market policies and governance aimed at creation of new jobs, development of skilled workforce and inclusive participation in the labour market
- We started implementation of a 1.5 million EUR project on improving employment policies in SEE
We are doing this by addressing the regionally shared structural employment and labour market challenges in the Western Balkans, including high unemployment and low employment rates, further exacerbated by limited institutional and administrative capacities and the need to modernise the Public Employment Services.
The RCC will contribute to the improvement of policy and institutional settings and outcomes in support of employment, human capital and social development. More specifically and in partnership with the DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, RCC has established a structured regional Employment and Social Affairs Platform (ESAP).
The ESAP provides demand driven support to the national administration to effectively design, implement and monitor the implementation of national employment and labour market strategies, policies, measures and instruments. Furthermore, ESAP supports the modernisation and capacity building process of the Public Employment Services (PES) which will enhance efficiency and delivery of PES services to the citizens, as well as prepare the PES to participate in the EU PES networks and activities as the accession process advances.
The RCC activities in this agenda are being implemented through the:
Our Next Steps
In the forthcoming period the RCC will:
- Continue implementing the “Employment and Social Affairs Platform” in close cooperation with the ministries of labour and social affairs, public employment services, DG EMPL and other international partners, in particular the ILO
- Support the design, evaluation and implementation of employment strategies and active labour market measures
- Support the modernisation and quality of services provided by the Public Employment Services (PES) in SEE to citizens
- Facilitateintegration of regional PES to the EU PES Network
- Create a comprehensive, comparative, public SEE database on education, employment, labour mobility and mobility of professionals