Research and Innovation
The actions aim at development of strong research and innovation base in SEE needed to support investment in high technology industries and new service sectors, increase competitiveness and enable the economies to expand their exports base
- Full integration of the Western Balkans into the European Research Area leading to increased opportunities for research cooperation and enhanced innovation capacity.
- Identified needs for completing mapping of research infrastructures in WB6 which is crucial for researchers who are interested to cooperate with and in the Western Balkans;
- Facilitated a Joint Statement by the Western Balkan Six Ministers of Science on European Commissions’ Horizon Europe proposal;
- Supported networking between regional EURAXESS offices;
- Brokered and supported participation of SEE ministries in charge of science in regular EU member states’ meetings and Reporting on open science1 as well as developed regional action plan to support development of Open Science in South East Europe;
- Remove obstacles to mobility of students, researchers and academics between WB6 and between WB6 and the EU and enhance the preparedness of WB6 for Open Labour Market for Researchers by supporting the implementation of the European Research Area;
- Remove obstacles to legal and other barriers to mobility of researchers between WB6 and between WB6 and the EU and enhance the preparedness of WB6 for Open Labour Market Researchers by supporting the implementation of the European Research Area commitments,
- Support the implementation of the Declaration of Commitment to provide coordinated personalised information and services to researchers through capacity building and increased cooperation of EURAXESS networks in WB;
- Support the implementation of the HR Strategy for Researchers incorporating the Charter & Code through capacity building, peer-learning and networking and provision of support to prepare and align with the conditions for the European Accreditation Mechanism for Charter & Code based human resources management in universities and publicly-funded research institutions.
The RCC activities in the area of R&D are mostly being implemented through the: