We work on adding the value to the core transport network
- Well-connected Western Balkans (WB) with modern and functional transport infrastructure
- Decarbonised transport based on clean vehicles and fuels
- Interconnected transport system in WB, efficient, interoperable, environmentally sustainable and integrated in the European transport network
- The core transport network in the region developed
- Supported the transport-related Connectivity reform measures and improved corridor management (intermodal transport solutions and queue management systems)
- Enhanced capacities and regional cooperation on sustainable energy use in transport, alternative fuels and environmentally-friendly vehicles agendas in WB
- Analysed transport corridors’ climate resilience
The RCC’s activities in the area of transport focus on adding value to the core transport network, supporting the regional Connectivity Agenda reform measures and highlighting the market integration, competitiveness and sustainability aspects of the Connectivity agenda.
The activities are structured to ensure that transport systems and frameworks adequately support the flow of goods, services and people, and that they are climate change resilient and support the economic connectivity and overall competitiveness of the region, i.e. transport in function of trade, industry, commerce and increased investment flows.
RCC-supported activities will contribute both to the transport and trade facilitation, regional connectivity, liberalization of trade in services and regional investment reform agendas, as well as to the efforts for re-industrialization in the region. The work in this area will help put the transport infrastructure into the optimal use and ensure greater returns from improved physical connectivity.
Our Next Steps
In the forthcoming period the RCC will:
- Improve corridor management and support deployment of modern ICT solutions in transport
- Back developmentof intermodal transport
- Intensify work on decarbonisation of transport